My Giving Foundation
INVEST > INCREASE > IMPACT
My Giving Foundation is a South African Social Investment Exchange (SASIX) initiative. It's a personalised charitable fund which you set up as a family, an individual or as a business. A Giving Foundation is not a separate legal entity; it is a way structure your giving to suit your changing tax picture.
You make a lump sum donation to a Giving Foundation which you name. You get your tax certificate immediately.
- To set up Your Giving Foundation, you must make a minimum lump sum investment of R500 for individuals or R5 000 for companies. Investments must be in multiples of R50.
- Investments are irrevocable donations, so you won't be able to withdraw funds from Your Giving Foundation.
- You will receive an 18A tax receipt directly after you have made your lump sum investment.
You can grow your Foundation by making additional investments at any time.
- You can add to Your Giving Foundation on or offline, as long as the amount is in multiples of R50.
- Your investments will be held in trust by SASIX in a secure RMB Private Bank money market account.
You can use Your Giving Foundation balance to buy shares in SASIX projects.
- You can only distribute Your Giving Foundation funds to SASIX-accredited projects. All SASIX projects qualify for tax exemption under the Public Benefit Organisations Act.
- South African taxpayers must allocate 85% of their Giving Foundation balance within the financial year that the 18A tax receipt was issued.
- If you terminate Your Giving Foundation for whatever reason, we will allocate your remaining balance to the SASIX sector or province you nominate.
Contact us if you need more information on setting up Your Giving Foundation.